HOME HVAC SERVICES IN NEWBURGH, MIDDLETOWN, PORT JERVIS AND SURROUNDING NY AREAS – MAINTENANCE TIPS
Keep your HVAC system running like new! Follow the below tips and simple steps to help increase your system’s efficiency and life expectancy:
- Purchase a high-efficiency pleated air filter.
- Keep your outdoor HVAC units free of pollen, leaves and grass.
- Make sure there is at least 3 feet of clear space around all outdoor HVAC units.
- Make sure your thermostat is programmed with the correct time and updated for daylights savings time.
- Keep the space around all indoor HVAC units clear and clutter free.
- HVAC vents should be free from obstruction (i.e. dust and pet hair).
Every Few Months
- Check the refrigerant lines running to your air conditioning units.
- Replace your air filter once every 3 months.
- In the Fall months, replace the humidifier filter and turn back on the water to the furnace humidifier.
- Replace your carbon monoxide detector battery.
- Schedule a maintenance service call before the heating and cooling seasons start.
By following the above mentioned tips, you can ensure that your HVAC systems will be around for many years to come!